This week’s theme: Crockpot Meals
I officially feel like an adult because I received my first crockpot. It is small, made in the 50’s, and only has two settings: low and high, but it works (also look how cute it is).
There is also nothing I love more than a 4-step recipe so here we go on this crockpot journey together!
This week’s first meal: Hawaiian Chicken
– 2-3 Chicken Breasts
– 1 Can of Pineapple Rings or Chunks (with juice)
– 1/4 c. of Soy Sauce
– 2 c. of Cooked White Rice
– 1 Sliced Avocado
– 1/2 Sweet, White Onion
– 2 tbsp. Barbeque Sauce
1. Spray crockpot with non-stick spray and place chicken breasts in crockpot
2. Cover with soy sauce, onions, and pineapple chunks/rings and juice. Drizzle with BBQ sauce
3. Set crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours. While meal is cooking, enjoy all of the extra free time you now have because you have a crockpot
4. Once done, place chicken breasts on top of white rice, add teriyaki or soy sauce to taste and top with avocado. Enjoy
I really did enjoy the extra time and one less thing to worry about throughout my day. So I highly recommend trying this as a mid-week meal
I feel like I have not been giving enough love to my blog so I apologize. I am back and hoping to begin fine-tuning the minor details that make an overall difference: high quality pictures, higher quality food, higher quality posts, etc.
If you have been following my blog and have any comments or suggestions please reach out!
I am available by e-mail and would love to hear about how I can better improve my blog presence.