I took last week off due to lack of motivation and the dire need to redo my blog branding and other life matters BUT if you look at the Recipes page you’ll notice the new recipe template!
The template is one-of-a-kind, bright, and…SAVABLE. Just click or hold down on the picture to save and use at a later date.
I also updated my Instagram and Pinterest page to reveal a fresher, brighter, cleaner look. Since I strive to make my food fresh, bright, and clean, I want my blog and social media presence to reflect that, and it really was a week-long process.
I was ALSO accepted into my dream Masters program. Last week I finished and submitted the application, I found out the news yesterday and I start the program in June. I am feeling so incredibly excited and thankful for the opportunity to embark on a new educational journey that will hopefully help me excel my career goals.
So all good things last week and this week.
Now onto this yummy recipe
Chicken Bites (Nuggets) have the ability to hold so much flavor in such a small morsel and there are so many ways to add zest and change it up and yet, still remain healthy and yummy.
This variation includes BBQ Buffalo Bites with Cajun Sweet Potato Fries.
– 1 tsp. Cajun Spice
– 2 Chicken Breasts
– 1 tbsp. Buffalo Sauce
– 1/4 c. BBQ Sauce (I used Honey Smoked Hickory)
– 2 large Sweet Potatoes, boiled and sliced into strips
– Dash of Salt/Pepper
– Dash of Parsley
– 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
– 1 tsp. Onion Powder
– 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
– Pinch of Brown Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Spread aluminium foil on baking sheet, spray non-stick spray on foil and equally space out sweet potato fries. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with heaps of Cajun seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Let cook for 25 – 30 minutes
2. While fries are roasting, cube chicken into small bites
3. In medium-sized bowl, add salt, pepper, 1/4 c. BBQ sauce, 1 tbsp. buffalo sauce, 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic, and pinch of brown sugar. Add chicken nuggets and mix well.
4. Preheat pan on stove to medium-high heat. Add nuggets to pan and place evenly
5. Allow nuggets to brown on one side for 10 – 12 minutes, flip for another 12 – 15 minutes. The sugar in the sauce will begin to crystalize and make the chicken crispy
6. Once nuggets are cooked through, remove from heat and allow to cool. Remove fries from stove and allow to cool
7. Once fries and nuggets are cool, serve on plates alongside garlic aioli or ketchup (or your personal favorite)
From start to finish this meal takes MAYBE 30 minutes (with the inclusion of sweet potato fries and preferred crispiness), but the nuggets are not fried and the fries are not fried either. Making this a great alternative to the McDonald’s down the street.
In the future I would like to add more chicken bite recipes and I have so many ideas just cooking, but I want to make sure each recipe I produce is quality so until I think it is perfected, it will remain cooking.
Thank you to everyone who still reads and follows along, I regained my motivation and cannot wait for the recipes I have planned in the upcoming weeks. So stick around and make sure you get the extra zest added into your life.