Happy Friday! With Valentine’s Day this week I wanted to prepare a dish that Blake and I both LOVE.
Round two of this week’s Italian theme is a brilliant bruschetta chicken. Bruschetta is one of our personal favorites, whether it is served as an appetizer or a meal, it is versatile and leaves room for ZEST. It is also easy to prepare and cooks in about 30 minutes (prep – plate).
Ingredients for Bruschetta:
– 3 Roma Tomatoes (Diced)
– 1/4 cup Mozzarella
– 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
– 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
– Basil (Chopped)
Ingredients for Chicken:
– 2 Chicken Breasts
– 1/8 tsp. Italian Seasoning
– Sprinkle of Salt
– Sprinkle of Pepper
– 1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
– Sprig of Basil
– 2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
1. In medium bowl, add diced tomatoes, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, chopped basil and olive oil. Mix well and set in refrigerator
2. Heat pan on stove to medium-high heat. Drizzle with olive oil
3. Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, parsley, garlic and onion powder
4. Place full chicken breasts in pan and cook until golden brown on both sides (10 – 15 minutes total). Chicken should be cooked completely through with no pink showing
5. Top chicken breasts with bruschetta and serve on plates alongside garlic bread or vegetables
Traditional bruschetta has balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top. Balsamic vinegar is hardly used in my house, so I do not add it, BUT it does add a nice acidic flavor to balance the tomatoes and basil. I also add mozzarella cheese to my bruschetta, but this is optional.
Bruschetta is meant to be served as an “antipasto” (appetizer) but when prepared as an addition to chicken creates a whole new meal.
You can also serve with garlic bread (like we did) or thinly slice bread and broil to a crunchy texture.
This is my second post so I am signing off, but I cannot wait to share what I have planned for next week.
Make sure you subscribe or follow my instagram (@claireslemonzestlife) so you don’t miss a new recipe!