Coconut Curry-ish Soup
- 3 Carrots Chopped & Boiled
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast Cubed
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 2 Potatoes Cubed & Boiled
- 1 Red Capsicum Chopped into strips
- 1 + 1/2 tsp. Yellow Curry Powder
- 2 tsp. Garlic Mince
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Preheat a deep on medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil
- Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt/pepper and minced garlic
- Cook chicken for about 5 minutes then add in the onion
- Cook together until onion are brown, then add the potatoes, pepper, and carrots
- Add the ginger and mix well
- Cook altogether until completely done, then reduce heat to low and add the coconut milk and yellow curry powder
- Let simmer for 15-25 minutes and remove from heat
- Serve alongside rice, etc.
– Replace chicken with tofu for a vegetarian option
– For a more soupy-liquidy base, add 1/2 can of chicken stock
– I poured the soup over the rice, but it tastes great even without rice
I want to learn to make yellow curry paste eventually, however, I do not have a blender to blend all spices and create a paste – so a soup with yellow curry powder works just as well for the time being. This soup made me feel so much better, I made mine extra spicy and it really cleared out my sinuses and also my foggy head…basically this soup is a miracle.
Thank you for joining me again this week, again, I am so sorry I missed last week. I could not create a solid recipe or even make food taste good because I could not taste anything so…I am hoping to make and post another recipe by the end of this week, however my apartment is changing my countertops and although the notice said the construction would only take 8 hours, I do not trust that timeline. So I may have no kitchen by the end of this week!
I will be back later or not or maybe…I have new ideas cooking and ready to be recreated into an actual recipe and blog post – I just need a full week of absolutely nothing but we all know how that goes.