Guess who’s back – back again. Claire is back – tell a friend.
With no car I think I began to sink into a mild depression and extremely suffered from a complete lack of motivation. I am hoping to get my car back on Monday or Tuesday and I hope when I get my car back I get my cooking creativity and motivation.
This is a special treat for two reasons:
1. I love cookies and have been craving them
2. I have a bake-off at work on Monday and the pressure is ON
I made these cookies and am currently in process for another recipe so stay tuned to see which one I use…
We have been watching lots of Netflix and rewatching ‘Friends’ lately. Making these cookies was equivalent to when Monica and Phoebe were trying to remake Phoebe’s grandmother’s cookies and she made like 20 batches. About 5 batches in I don’t know if I had a bad batch, but this recipe was the batch.
– 2 Eggs (room temperature)
– 10 tbsp. Butter (room temperature)
– 1 tsp. Vanilla (yes I splurged and bought vanilla)
– 3 and 1/4 c. Flour
– 3/4 c. Brown Sugar
– 1/2 c. White Sugar
– 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
– 1 tsp. Baking Powder
– 1/2 tsp. Salt
– 2 and 1/2 c. Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325˚/163˚. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray or just spray with nonstick spray
2. Prepare dough. In a microwave safe bowl, add 2 c. chocolate chips to 10 tbsp. butter and melt. Add eggs and vanilla
3. In a separate, larger bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and both sugars. Mix well
4. Combine wet to dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips
5. Using a tablespoon, spoon out balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Place in oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool
My first attempt turned out like pancakes and I was devastated. 4-ish tries later and here we are!
Like I said earlier, I am mid-recipe creation for a refreshing summer season treat so you’ll want to stick around for that.
Thanks for checking in again!