I am back from San Francisco and after eating a wide array of foods, am filled with new inspiration and motivation, starting with this recipe.
– 1 lb. Ground Turkey
– 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
– 1 Granny Smith Apple, shredded
– 1/2 head of Cabbage (4 c.), shredded
– 2 Carrots, shredded
– 1/2 Sweet, White Onion, chopped
– 1/3 c. Soy Sauce
– 1/2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1. In wok, warm to high heat and add drizzle of olive oil. Add chopped onion and allow to cook until golden brown. Set aside in large bowl
2. In medium sized bowl, add soy sauce, ground ginger, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside
3. On stove, heat pan to high heat. Drizzle olive oil and place ground turkey in pan. Allow to cook for 8 minutes. Add sauce to pan and allow to cook for 8 minutes more
4. Reduce heat and add cabbage, carrots, and apple. Allow to cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add more soy sauce if necessary
5. Remove from heat and place in large bowl with sauteed onions. Mix well and enjoy
I had been using this recipe for a meal prep and always felt like it was missing a key ingredient: apple.
The green apple and apple cider vinegar pair together to produce a meal that is tangy and refreshing. Although, if apple is too extreme, the egg roll in a bowl does well without the apple.
I am finally on break after finishing my last undergrad course so these next few weeks will be filled with new recipes and ideas that I finally have time to perfect.
If you have any requests or have any other ideas, please feel free to comment below! I am always looking for new inspiration and motivation.