Welcome back Zesties! Happy Friday or Saturday (whatever side of the hemisphere you are on)!
This week, I am strictly lifestyle focused. I am taking it back to one of my Instagram posts where I briefly touched on this subject, but now with all of this self-reflection time, I thought I would dedicate a blog post to one of my favorite things in the entire world (Excuse my exaggeration): ORGANIZING/PLANNING
I am pretty sure it is genetic, but I love planning/organizing. I love planning dinner for the week, I love organizing things into folders or filing things in its proper place, my favorite interview question is: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Because I have an answer and its a good one…I have it…PLANNED.
But enough about me, this is about YOU! Setting goals, especially 90-day goals, is so great for your wellbeing and let me tell you why:
- You can conceptualize and visualize your ideal self (and learn ways to work toward this)
- You can find ways to motivate yourself (wherever you are at) to work toward these goals
- You can keep a constant (healthy) reminder of these goals
- 90-Day Goals are flexible and a great place to start to learn how to track progress and monitor growth
According to my favorite and most-loved journal (Dailygreatness), 90-day goals are there to celebrate your achievements, check your life balance, and identify what needs attention. But HOW do you write them?
- Focus on categories of your life that make you YOU (hobbies, career, relationships, university, finances, emotions, goals, wishes, dreams, fitness, mental health, physical wellbeing….etc.)
- Now pick 4 (maximum 5) categories that you want to focus on for the next 90 days
- Write a simple one line sentence on what it is you want to accomplish (visualize it, simplify it, write it)
- Then underneath that one line, write how it would make you feel if you accomplished this and why it is important to you as a person
- Repeat for all 4/5 categories (see example)
Okay, so, you know how to write them, but how do you stay accountable and stick to ’em? (I mean absolutely CRUSH them)
- Write it down!! Write it all and put it somewhere you can see it daily or know where it is for a constant reminder
- Talk to a friend or trusted person about your goals and ask them to keep you accountable (I work on this with my mentor/boss, she’s amazing and we check in every month to follow-up and then at the 90 day mark we reflect and focus on the next 90 days)
- Remind yourself it is OKAY if you are not on track in the beginning or if you fall out of sync with your goals, they are there to motivate and support – not stress and weigh down
- If you haven’t started yet…JOURNAL (and I cannot emphasize this enough). Journaling is a great way to get all your thoughts down, release emotions, and do mental check-ins. Journal!
While we have this downtime during quarantine and as it is (seemingly) coming to an end, it can be incredibly overwhelming and stressful to try and readjust to what your normal life was prior to this pandemic, and that’s okay! I am right there with you.
I re-wrote my 90-day goals during this whole time because I don’t want to be overwhelmed with possibility and the stressful feeling that I have to accomplish everything as soon as I get out and set these unrealistic expectations for myself (sometimes I am my own worst enemy, who can relate??).
This is an opportune time to really focus on where you want to be and how you want to get there. Visualizing and conceptualizing your goals helps you maintain realistic expectations and stay motivated, even when it seems like there is no certainty in your near future or reason to keep working toward something. Remember, you can start small and build up and these 90 day goals are there to motivate and inspire, not stress and weigh down.
Also, I AM HERE FOR YOU! Whether we have talked in the past or if I even know you, feel free to reach out and I can hold you accountable and/or help you set your goals. Part of my job as a Personal Assistant is being trained in how to successfully (and encouragingly and very nicely) hold my bosses accountable and consult with them on where they want to be and how they want to get there and 95% of the time it works every time 😉(that’s a movie quote, it does work every time, trust me).
Let’s set these goals and reach our wildest opportunities together.
P.S. Want a little discount on my favorite journal? Click here. 😉