Hey there 🤩 Happy Friday
This month for October, I am doing an ‘Old October’ Series: taking my old, popular recipes and making them new and even better than before. Repurposing the recipes if you will
Looking back to my blog from 2 year ago it’s so…embarrassing!!
(that’s my feelings on my mismatch branding, inconsistent posting, and awkward writing)
I am so excited to be going back through and making them better than ever. This week starting with one of my first recipes: Bruschetta Chicken
Repurposed Bruschetta Chicken
- 1/4 c. Mozzarella Cheese Shredded or Whole (little chunks)
- 250 g. Chicken Breast 2 breasts
- 1 c. Baby Tomatoes Chopped in quarters
- 2 tbsp. Basil Chopped
- 1 tsp. Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Sprinkle of Salt/Pepper
- 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
- Prep the bruschetta: chop the red onion, basil, and tomatoes and toss into a bowl with a dash of olive oil, italian herbs, and salt/pepper. Add the mozzarella chicken and mix well. Set aside
- Prep the chicken: cut the chicken breast in half to thin out the breasts. Sprinkle with salt/pepper and garlic powder and place on a medium-sized pan
- Cook for about 10 minutes each side, until nice and crisy and golden brown
- Remove from heat and top with the bruschetta
This was so yummy! It’s amazing how little tweaks in the recipe (and better photography) can make a HUGE difference.
It’s also really fulfilling with wholesome, good-for-you ingredients (unless you serve it alongside garlic bread like I did hehe), and it just tastes good.
- Little lemon in the tomatoes
- Coat the chicken with breadcrumbs (just toss in a bowl with breadcrumbs)
- BAKE IT (roasted tomatoes and melty cheese, YUM)
- Little mint in the bruschetta (not too much, but just the essence)
- Air fry the chicken so it’s crunchy and crumbly
Next week I think I’m re-doing my banana bread recipe, I tried my old one and it tastes…dry.
I make a recipe 3x before posting it, but I’m realising different ingredients (in different countries) makes different foods, so it’s a good thing I am doing this repurposing series.
If there are recipes you would like to see remade, feel free to reach out here or on Instagram
Next week’s Working Wellness Wednesday post is all about being…your Best Self 😉