Hello and happy Tuesday!
With Mental Health Awareness Month, I thought I would make an extra effort to produce healthier recipes. Especially because of the positive connection between physical and mental health: When you focus on your physical health your mental health usually increases too! Just another way to make you feel better all around!
Onto today’s recipe: SO GOOD Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
– 2 Sweet Potatoes, baked
– 2 Chicken Breasts, shredded
– 1/4 c. Buffalo Sauce
– 4 strips Bacon, cooked & crumbled
– Mozzarella Cheese
1. Bake Sweet Potatoes. Set oven to 450°/232°, drizzle baking sheet with olive oil and douse sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and place in oven for 45-50 minutes. Remove from heat and add season salt and parsley. Set aside
2. In separate bowl, add shredded chicken. Add salt, pepper, parsley, and buffalo sauce. Mix well and add crumble bacon
3. Slice sweet potatoes down the center and mash center with fork. Add chicken and bacon and mix with cheese
– I said this was healthy-ish. If you remove the bacon and replace the buffalo sauce with a healthy alternative (greek yogurt, perhaps) this is incredibly good for you
– Now that you know how to bake a sweet potato, you can use this for your very own sweet potato bar (add sour cream, chives, green onions, cheddar cheese sauce…)
The initial baking takes a minute (30 – 45 altogether); however once the potatoes are done the completion only takes 5 minutes and is SO GOOD and filling
I am feeling rather inspired considering I am at home a lot this week, so keep hanging out, I promise good things are to come